More Coming Soon
Milk Moola We have been notified by Kwik Trip that their Milk Moola fundraising program will be ending on March 31, 2019. Please bring in any milk caps or bag tops that you have no later than March 25th, 2019 so they can be counted and submitted by the deadline. This fundraiser has been a major fundraiser for the Hot Lunch Program at St. Matthew’s. We thank you for your support!
- Club 3:16 February Meeting Club 3:16 will meet today, Sunday, February 24th at 11:30am in the Club 3:16 room
- Adult Fun Night Club 3:16 is hosting an Adult Fun Night on February 24 from 4:00-7:00 in the church basement. The evening will include entertainment and a meal. Club 3:16 will be serving spaghetti, garlic bread, vegetables, and desserts. The cost is $9.00 per person or $15 per couples. Babysitting will be available for $5.00 per child which will include a meal for the children. Everyone is welcome to come and join the fun. Registration is highly encouraged. A sign-up sheet is in the back of the church.
- Adult Fellowship has reserved 25 seats for the Luther High play, “Brigadoon,” at 2:00 pm on Sunday, March 10th. Tickets are $6.00 each. There are a very few remaining of the twenty-five. Please contact Linda Berg at 474 – 0332 if you are interested in them. Following the performance, we will eat at Beedle’s in Centerville. Carpoolers leave St. Matthew’s by 12:45. To avoid delays at the box office, please pay exactly ticket amount before leaving St. Matthew’s.
- Ash Wednesday Women’s Fellowship will be serving the Ash Wednesday meal on March 6 after the 6:00pm service. The menu will feature pulled turkey sandwiches, chips, salads, and bars. There is a sign-up sheet for salad and bars in back.
- It’s Time to Play Cards The Sunday afternoon card group will meet on Sunday, March 24th, after the 10:15 Bible Class. We’ll have lunch first and then play 500. Please sign up by March 17th. A $5 donation covers the cost of the food.
- “You’re My Cup of Tea” You are cordially invited to a luncheon for ladies and young girls at St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church at noon on Saturday April 13, 2019. A special lunch and activities are planned for girls under 10 years of age. Bring a special tea cup, an unusual tea cup or your grandmother’s tea cup to display. Please register by calling St. Matthew’s Church office (507-454-2085) by April 1.
- AED Training for All Ushers Jay Bade will be instructing all ushers on the proper use of the AED (automated external defibrillator) All ushers please attend this meeting on Tuesday, February 26 at 6pm in the church sanctuary.
- Forward in Christ The newest edition of Forward in Christ is available in the back of church. Help yourself to one.
- Revitalizing Our Changing Congregation On Saturday, March 30, Pastor Jon Hein the Director for the Commission on Congregational Counseling and Coordinator for Congregational Services will talk about the 10 things that turn a church from the stability phase to the decline phase. He will help us clarify the situation, define the problem and propose solutions. The seminar will start at 10 am with Pastor Hein’s presentation. At noon we will break for a light lunch and will be done by 2:00 pm. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. This will be held at the Riverport Inn on Bruske Drive in Winona. Sign . up by March 23 on the sheet in back of church or by calling the office.
Opportunities to Serve
- Ushers for Mid-Week Services Attention Ushers!!! Ushers are needed for the mid-week, 2:45pm services starting March 6. There is a sign-up sheet on the table in the narthex if you are able to serve for these services.
- Looking for Help! We have a Winona State student who will be gaining field experience in our classrooms starting at 10am on Mondays and Thursdays. She needs help with transportation to and from WSU campus. If you are interested in serving in this way, please contact Karen Rossin @ 454-8370.
Did you know we have Applebee’s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Outback scrip in stock? They are all available in $25 increments. SCRIP cards are for sale after all worship services in the Mother’s Room. SCRIP can also be purchased at the church/school office during the week. Learn more about our SCRIP Program and the benefits included by visiting our SCRIP Page.